Albany Park Theater Project (APTP) seeks to hire a Box Office Coordinator to support the premiere of OFRENDA, a new theater performance created by APTP, one of the country’s preeminent youth theater ensembles. OFRENDA is a constellation of real-life stories about creating home in turbulent times. OFRENDA will be performed by an ensemble of 34 teens in APTP’s 100-seat home theater in one of the most diverse immigrant neighborhoods in the country.
The Box Office Coordinator will manage and process advance sales and day of sales and work with the Development Coordinator on member/VIP patron services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Manage advance ticketing through OvationTix (online & call center; no physical box office for advance purchase), which includes entering and updating event details, overseeing ticket availability, holding and releasing house tickets
– Provide assistance by phone to VIPs and other patrons with questions or needs that call center can not fulfill
– Process advance purchases by phone for VIPs, groups and patrons who can not complete purchases online or through call center
– Provide regular reports on ticket sales and availability to APTP staff and board members
– As box office attendant at performances, check audience members in at will call, process transactions for pre-show walk-up purchases, manage walk-up waiting list and purchases off the waiting list
– Troubleshoot problems such as late arrivals, patrons who arrive on the wrong date or with too many people in their party, etc.
– Manage exchanges, cancellations and wait lists to maximize attendance
– Staff swag table post performance
– Additional responsibilities as determined by Producing Artistic Director
The Box Office Coordinator will be paid $15/hour and reports to the Producing Artistic Director.
– Excellent customer service and ability to interface with patrons with comfort and confidence
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Strong verbal communication skills by phone and in person
– Prior experience with box office/ticketing software, or strong database experience and ability to learn new technology quickly
– Be able to commit to the attached schedule
– Resume of prior experience in box office and customer service in any field
– Interest in and comfort level around people of varying ethnic and class backgrounds
– Interest in and comfort level working around youth
– Fast learner comfortable in a fast-paced process
Send a cover letter expressing your qualifications and interest as well as a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Box Office: Your Name” in the subject. Review of applications begins immediately.
As an organization devoted to amplifying the voices of marginalized communities, and particularly of immigrant and working-class communities, Albany Park Theater Project is dedicated to building a diverse team of artists and administrators.
The Box Office Coordinator is an employee at will, meaning that either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time by written notice to the other. Nothing in this job description is to be deemed to create a contract of employment for a specific period of time.
3/10 – 4/19: Advance Purchase Period
Tuesdays, 2:00 PM – 6:00PM*
Wednesdays, 2:00 PM – 6:00PM*
Thursdays, 2:00 PM – 6:00PM*
+ Wed 3/21, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM to provide support the day tickets go on sale to the general public.
4/20 – 4/26: Previews through Opening
Fri 4/20, 5:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Tues 4/24, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM*
Wed 4/25, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Thu 4/26, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Fri 4/27, 4:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Sat 4/28, 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
4/30 – 6/2: Run of Show
Tuesdays, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM*
Wednesdays, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Thursdays, 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM*
Fridays, 7:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Saturdays, 2:30 PM – 10:30 PM
The above schedule is subject to change.
* Hours marked with a star are primarily taking and returning patron calls and can be worked either in the APTP office or remotely. There is potentially flexibility to negotiate the non-show days & times as long as we can establish a regular schedule to communicate to patrons so they know when to call and/or when to expect a call back (for example, 3 days per week from 10am-2pm instead of 2pm – 6pm).