Job Title: Company Manager & Audience Services Associate
Supervised By: Director of Production & Operations
Classification: Hourly, Contract, Temporary
Dates: 6/28/22 – 7/23/22
Organizational Overview Albany Park Theater Project creates transformative experiences that forge an inclusive community of youth artists, adult artists and audiences to envision and build a more just, equitable and joyful world. APTP’s teen ensemble members – mostly young people of color from immigrant families – and adult artistic team collaborate to create world-class theater that amplifies and illuminates the voices and experiences of our immigrant and first-generation community. Our creative process prepares and propels teens to lead civically engaged and choice-filled lives. Our performances foster empathy, humanize challenging social issues, encourage new ways of seeing the world, and inspire action.
Position Overview Albany Park Theater Project seeks to contract a self-directed, adaptable, organized, outgoing and personable individual to assume two conjoined positions in support of our upcoming production, HOMECOMING. As Audience Services Associate, you will create a welcoming, positive and efficient experience for guests picking up “Will Call” tickets and purchasing “Walk Up” tickets. As Company Manager, you will supply and maintain a warm, inclusive, nourishing and orderly physical space for use by a 40-person ensemble and production team, including 20+ teens many of whom see the space as a home away from home.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Staff the box office at all performances, beginning 30 minutes before curtain, welcoming guests as the first APTP representative they will encounter when arriving.
* Check audience members in at Will Call, tracking turnout and house capacity and communicating with House Manager and Stage Manager.
* Process walk-up and waiting list sales using AudienceView Professional.
* Provide the same level of outstanding customer service to monolingual Spanish speakers as to English speakers.
* Troubleshoot problems such as late arrivals, guests who arrive on the wrong date or with too many people in their party, etc.
* Manage exchanges, cancellations and wait lists to maximize attendance.
* Staff concessions and donation table post performance.
* Additional responsibilities as determined by Director of Production & Operations.
* Create and maintain a kitchen inventory that nourishes as many as 50 people per week with groceries, utensils, and cleaning supplies; restock inventory items as needed.
* Plan, order, set up and take down 1-2 meals per day for ensemble and production team (up to 40 people) during tech rehearsal and show run.
* Source, purchase and when necessary pick up supplies needed by production team.
* Manage a budget of more than $15,000 for food and programming supplies:
– create a spending plan to keep within approved budget;
– maintain accurate records of spending and complete budget-to-actual reconciliations.
* Partner with the stage management team on space between technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals and performances.
* Lead teen ensemble and other staff in straightening and resetting spaces after use.
* As required by Illinois law for employees of youth-serving organizations, serve as a mandated reporter by reporting observed and suspected cases of child abuse and neglect in accordance with organizational policy and Illinois state law.
* Quick learner comfortable in a fast-paced process that requires ability to juggle multiple tasks
* Experience in some form of customer service demonstrating the ability to interface with patrons with comfort and confidence
* Strong verbal communication skills by phone and in person
* Sufficient proficiency in Spanish to comfortably interface with Spanish-speaking patrons
* Strong attention to detail
* Interest in and comfort around people of varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
* Interest in and comfort working around youth
* Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (you do not need to have your own car)
Prior experience with box office/ticketing software – OR – prior database or spreadsheet experience and ability to learn new technology quickly
* This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is not fully accessible.
* This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
* Some travel to off-site locations in the Chicago metro area is required.
* Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
6/28, 6/29, 6/30, 7/1, 7/2 – 11:30am – 7:30pm
7/5 – 11:30am – 7:30pm
7/6, 7/7 – 2:30pm – 10:30pm
7/8 – 3:30pm – 11:30pm
7/9 – 3:30pm – 11:30pm
7/12 – 1:30pm – 9:30pm
7/13 – 1:00pm – 10:00pm
7/14 – 4:00pm – 10:30pm
7/15 – 4:30pm – 11:00pm
7/16 – 1:00pm – 11:00pm
7/19, 7/20, 7/21 – 4:00pm – 10:30pm
7/22 – 4:30pm – 11:00pm
7/23 – 1:00pm – 11:00pm
Additional dates and times by mutual agreement
The Company Manager & Audience Services Associate will be paid a rate of $20/hour.
Send a cover letter expressing your qualifications and interest as well as a current resume to email@example.com with “Application: Your Name” in the subject. Review of applications begins immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. As an organization devoted to advancing racial equity and amplifying the voices of marginalized communities, and particularly of immigrant communities, Albany Park Theater Project is dedicated to building a diverse team of artists and administrators.